Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How does the first name "Marius" sounds to an english speaker ear?

It sounds Latin as in ancient Rome. It sounds fine to me. I wouldn't presume a person with that name was homosexual. I would be surprised if I found it attached to a Mexican or an Indian...either Native American or from India. A Japanese or Chinese named Marius, now there's a combination. Marius Goldberg, that I'll have to think about.

How does the first name "Marius" sounds to an english speaker ear?
it sounds like Latin
Reply:Well, in the United States different races have different ideas of what is and is not a good name.





For instance, hispanics occasionally name boys Jesus. This however would be looked oddly upon if a black or especially a white family named a child this.





A name like Marius would be just fine for a black kid I think, but for either a hispanic or a caucasion it may seem a bit "Gay" for lack of a better term.





This is the same reason why you see white guys named Bob. I challenge you to find me a mexican man or an African American named Bob. lol. That would be funny.





Anyhow... my opinion.





White- Marius- Gay sounding





Hispanic - Marius- Gay sounding





Indian/Asian- Marius- Kinda weird.





Black-Marius- Just fine and maybe a little cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment