Friday, April 23, 2010

How do I stop my first and last name from showing when I email someone?

How can I change how my name appears on my outgoing email?





Adjusting the "From" field changes how your name appears in other peoples' incoming mail.





You can also adjust the email address they'll send a message to when they click "Reply."





Here's how to do it:





Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select Mail Options.





From the list on the left, click Accounts.





Click Add or edit an account 鈥?it鈥檚 toward the middle of the page.





In the box on the left, click Yahoo! Mail.





Click Edit.





In the "From name:" box, enter your name how you'd like it to appear in the "From:" line of your outgoing messages.





Example: "Jane Doe", This is the name people will see in their Inboxes for messages from you.





You can leave the "Reply to:" field blank, so your Yahoo! Mail address is automatically the return address when others reply to you.





Or, you can specify a different return address by entering it after "Reply to:".





Click Save to put your new settings into effect.





Note: The "From name" field can't contain special characters like the "@" symbol. And, the address in "Reply to:" can't exceed 40 characters.

How do I stop my first and last name from showing when I email someone?
If you're in the Classic Yahoo, click the "Options" link in the upper right of your Yahoo mail page.


Click on "General Preferences."


At the top of the form that opens, across from "From Name", change the name in the box to whatever you would like displayed in the From field of your outgoing mail.


Go to the bottom of the page and click "Save."

martial arts training

No comments:

Post a Comment